Date: 12th November 2019
Location: Discipline of Strategy, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, University of Sydney Business School, Abercrombie Building, Darlington NSW 2006 Australia
- Prof. Paula Jarzabkowski, Cass Business School; The University of Queensland Business School
- Prof. Steven Maguire, The University of Sydney Business School
- Rebecca Bednarek, Victoria University Wellington
- Eric Knight, The University of Sydney Business School
Registration: please email Angela Obrien firstname.lastname@example.org (by October 1st, 2019)
We look forward to welcoming colleagues to University of Sydney Business School for a one-day Strategy as Practice workshop: SAP+ Australasia edition.
This workshop will follow the successful format of working through reviewer comments together as a community to support the publication of our work. This approach has been used in Europe by the organizational theory and strategy as practice communities. The objective is to draw from the cumulative knowledge of the Strategy-as-Practice (SAP) community and its friends (e.g., process and practice scholars more generally) to jointly develop qualitative R&Rs and learn from each other more generally. In addition, the roundtables provide space to develop constructive feedback on individual projects and early stage work with leading scholars in the field. Keynotes will also share cutting edge information about process and practice scholarship.
Who should attend strategy as practice scholars...plus! All management and organizational scholars with an interest in practice and process research to Sydney. What is in it for you?
- Learn about cutting edge practice/process research in the field of strategy and beyond;
- Hear and learn from keynotes from some leading luminaries in the field;
- Collectively develop solutions about how to address challenges in publishing and learn about how navigating editorial and reviewer comments as part of the review process;
- Present, discuss, and get feedback on your own work;
- Networking opportunities with like-minded scholars during dinner, lunch, and drinks.
The ethos of this event is to lift each other up as a community of scholars to do high-quality work and support that good work to get published in the journals of the authors choosing.
Tentative schedule: Refreshments and lunch will be provided, and the day will be full of rich discussion and networking opportunities:
- Welcome from organizers and the Organizational Discourse, Strategy and Change Group (Sydney Business School).
- Keynote. Professor Paula Jarzabkowski: Rendering your experience ‘real’: Crafting vignettes
- Paper under Review 1 (TBC)
- Keynote. Professor Steven Maguire: ‘Bridging Practice and Process Research to Study Different Manifestations of Strategy’.
- Paper under review 2 (TBC)
- Paper Development Roundtables facilitated/chaired by those with extensive experience in publishing and reviewing qualitative research
- Community dinner
Call for papers & registration. Spaces will be strictly limited. To register please email: Angela Obrienangela.email@example.com. Indicate when you register whether you would like to: 1) share a suitable paper with reviewer comments to discuss with the group; 2) a working paper to present at one of the round tables; or 3) attend as a participant. At that time also include your paper with reviewer feedback (revise and resubmit or reject) or working paper. Depending on the number of papers we receive we prioritize those with a paper to share and if needed will select papers that are closest to submission. Registration is open until October 1st 2019. We will notify you of your acceptance as soon as possible.
NB: the workshop and lunch are free. Transport and dinner are at your own expense
For more information about the workshop please contact Rebecca Bednarek (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Eric Knight (email@example.com)
Sponsored by the Organizational Discourse, Strategy and Change Group at the University of Sydney Business School