View Thread

Webinar - From Process Data to Process Theory

• 1.  Webinar - From Process Data to Process Theory

Posted 12-12-2023 01:21

From Process Data to Process Theory

Speaker: Prof Ann Langley (HEC Montreal) 

|

Time: Thursday, 14th of December, 10 am (EST) / 3 pm (London). This webinar is scheduled for 90 minutes (including Q&A). 

Registration: Please register here to receive a personalized Zoom link and a reminder.

|

In this seminar, I will discuss approaches to theorizing from process data, focusing on the three key steps of coding, displaying and comparing, and elaborating on various alternative approaches for each of these steps. I will illustrate the approaches by drawing on recent examples from my own and others' research and discuss the issues and pitfalls involved in insightful and rigorous process theorizing.

|

About the speaker

Ann Langley is Emerita Professor at HEC Montréal. Until 2020, she held the Chair in Strategic Management in Pluralistic Settings. She is the author of thirteen books and over eighty articles. Her research deals with strategic processes and practices, with a particular emphasis on organizational change, decision-making, leadership, and innovation in pluralistic settings. She has a special interest in qualitative research methods. Ann Langley is currently Deputy Editor of the Academy of Management Journal for qualitative research. She is also co-editor with Haridimos Tsoukas of the book series Perspectives on Process Organization Studies, published by Oxford University Press. She was co-editor of the journal  Strategic Organization from 2009 to 2022.

|

For queries, please contact Ibrat Djabbarov: i.djabbarov@cranfield.ac.uk

------------------------------
    Ibrat Djabbarov, PhD
    ------------------------------