View Thread

Webinar - Studying Organizational Change in the Era of Planetary Shifts

• 1.  Webinar - Studying Organizational Change in the Era of Planetary Shifts

Posted 11-13-2023 00:46

Studying Organizational Change in the Era of Planetary Shifts

Speaker: Prof Jennifer Howard-Grenville (Cambridge) 

I

Time: Monday, 20th of November, 11 am (EST) / 4 pm (London). This webinar is scheduled for 90 minutes (including Q&A). 

Registration: Please register here for a personalized Zoom link and a reminder.

I

Shifts in our planet's biophysical systems are leading to profound changes not only in the environment but also in organizations. In this session, we will explore the limitations of research on organizational adaptation in the context of planetary shifts and discuss how, drawing from ecological theories, scholars can enhance our understanding of organizational adaptation in the era of planetary shifts.

I

Reading:

Howard-Grenville, J., & Lahneman, B. (2021). Bringing the biophysical to the fore: Re-envisioning organizational adaptation in the era of planetary shifts. Strategic Organization, 19(3), 478-493. 

I

About the speaker

Jennifer Howard-Grenville is a Diageo Professor in Organisation Studies at Cambridge Judge Business School. Her research is focused on how people and organizations generate and navigate change. She has served as Deputy Editor and Associate Editor of the Academy of Management Journal. She is the Head of the Organisational Theory and Information Systems subject group at Cambridge Judge Business School, a Fellow of the Academy of Social Sciences, and a Fellow of Trinity Hall College, Cambridge. She received her PhD at MIT, her MA at Oxford, and her BSc (Eng) at Queen's University, Canada.

I

For queries, please contact Ibrat Djabbarov: i.djabbarov@cranfield.ac.uk.

------------------------------
    Ibrat Djabbarov, PhD
    ------------------------------